| UI, Alert, Web Part and Workflow Settings
Specify UI, Alert, Web Part and Workflow settings in this
wizard step to migrate masterpages, themes, user alerts, web
parts, workflows and to set home page from one SharePoint
environment to another.
The UI, Alert, Web Part and Workflow Settings step appears as shown below:
Specify UI Options. The Master Pages, Themes and Home Page
migration will be handled only during a Site / Web level
migration to a target SharePoint 2007
/ 2010 / 2013 / 2016 server and Office 365 site.
Specify an Alert Option to migrate user alerts to the target SharePoint lists, libraries and
Note: XPlica Server Agent is required in
the target SharePoint server to migrate user alerts for
Specify the Web Part Options. Web Part migration will be handled only during a Site / Web level migration.
- Ordering of Web Parts may not be preserved in Basic Pages (pages without Web
- XPlica Server Agent is required in
the target SharePoint server for
link correction in web pages.
- Custom Web Parts will not be migrated and must be
available in the target SharePoint server prior to
the locations from which the Web Parts are to be migrated:
- Landing pages - Adds all Web Parts
in Landing pages / Home pages to destination
SharePoint Landing / Home pages. This will replace the page exists in the target
- List views - Adds all Web Parts in List view pages available in
source SharePoint to destination SharePoint List views.
- Form pages - Adds all Web Parts in
Form pages to destination SharePoint.
- Web Part pages and Publishing Pages -
all Web Parts in Web Part pages, Basic pages and Publishing pages
in target SharePoint.
In case Web Parts already exists in the target or
- Replace Web Parts in the target - Removes all Web
Parts from the destination page, and adds Web Parts from source
- Retain Web Parts in the target - Retains all Web Parts
in the destination page, prevents adding any Web Parts from source.
- Close Web Parts in the target - Closes all Web Parts in the
destination page, and adds Web Parts from source.
Specify the Workflow Options to migrate workflows to the target SharePoint sites, lists and libraries.
- XPlica Server Agent for SharePoint 2007 is required in
the SharePoint server to retrieve the associated workflows from SharePoint 2007 or
to associate workflows in SharePoint 2007.
- Custom Workflows will be handled only during a Site / Web level migration.
- It starts the workflows in the target which have running state in the source.
Select the workflows level that are to be migrated:
- Migrate Site level workflows - Migrates the workflows
that are in Site level in source to destination.
- Migrate List level workflows - Migrates the workflows
that are in List level in source to destination.
- Both List and Site Workflows - Migrates both
Site and List level workflows to destination.
In case Workflow name already exists in the target or
- Replace the source workflows in the target location
- Replaces the
workflow template files in the target site with the ones in
the source site. The changes of workflow template files will be applied to the custom workflows.
- Do not replace the workflows in the target location
- Retains the
workflow template files in the target site.
Note: If workflow of built-in workflow
template with the same name already exists in the target,
then it skips the association of the workflow in target
irrespective to the option given above.
Click Next to proceed.