Validation tool helps you validate the exact steps performed by Dockit during
the import process. This tool does not import any files to the
errors can be identified by using this tool. You may run the
tool when there are any changes to import task settings or any SharePoint settings
to ensure correctness.
The Pre-migration Validation step in the Dockit
Task Wizard appears as shown below:
Click Start Validation button to invoke the Pre-migration Validation tool.
The SharePoint Login Dialog to connect to
SharePoint will appear as shown below.
Enter a valid user credential to connect to SharePoint.
Federated authentication (Web
Single Sign-on) credential based import task. The Web
Login Dialog to connect to SharePoint will appear as shown below:
You will notice a task progress bar in a new window as shown
Once the Pre-migration validation is complete,
button will be enabled (as shown below). Click View Results
button to view the
Pre-migration validation test results.
The Task Validation Results dialog will appear as shown below.
- Refers the items
that succeeded during pre-validation.
- Refers the items
the test during pre-validation.
performed by Pre-migration Validation tool|
Dockit performs the following checks during the Pre-migration
- source and target locations are accessible in the given
- file/folder names validity, including their length
- all specified columns in the application are available
in the target library
- user columns, date columns, managed metadata columns,
multi-choice columns etc. have proper syntax in the metadata
file or any other source.
- all mandatory columns have values or default values
- given import condition syntax is correct by applying the
query and validating the results
- checks all function builder functions to validate
- given Permission Levels exist in the target site
- file extension is blocked in target web application
(applicable only if the Dockit Server Agent
installed in target SharePoint servers 2010 and 2013)
- duplicate columns in target list / library with same
title (may be available from two different content types)
- given value is available in target location for the
below column types
- Look-up columns - Checks for the reference lists,
- Managed Metadata - Checks for the term that matches
the given value
- User / Group - Check whether the user / group
available in target location
- Choice - Check whether the given value available
under choice list
of Pre-migration Validation tool
The Pre-migration validation check and the actual import
results may vary in certain circumstances. The Pre-migration Validation
Tool does not perform a few checks as the checks may either slowdown
the validation process or a few errors will occur only when performing an actual live transfer.
Please note the following additional information about the Pre-migration Validation tool:
It is sufficient
for the given user credential to have read permissions
in the destination library for the Pre-migration
validation tool to execute. The Pre-migration validation
tool does not check for other permissions that
may be required for the import task to run
security permissions are not checked in the
validation tool does not verify if the give user
credentials can perform check-in / cancel
check-out operations on an existing document.
The final document status
requested in the task settings is not verified
in the Pre-migration validation process.
may fail due to automatic propagation of file
properties during a live transfer to SharePoint
and the Pre-migration validation does not have the
ability to trap such related errors.
When a particular
folder location does not exist in the
destination location and is expected to be created as a
new folder using the batch descriptor line item
entry, the Pre-migration validation tool may report any
sub-folder under the new folder to be a
non-existent folder location. You can safely
ignore this error message.
- List validation rules are not checked in the Pre-migration validation as this SharePoint
validation error message is reported only at the time of live import to SharePoint.